Do you hold higher balances in your checking account? Howard's Premium Checking allows you to earn our highest interest rate while enjoying outstanding convenience.
Customers choose us because we provide:
- Simple setup: When you open a Premium Checking account at one of our local branches, you’ll leave with a debit card in hand. We’ll even buy back your unused checks and debit cards from another financial institution.*
- Convenient locations: Managing your money is a breeze with 21 branches located in Baltimore and it's surrounding counties.
- Worldwide ATM convenience: Enjoy easy access to your money with no Howard Bank fee for using another bank’s ATM displaying the Star, Cirrus or MoneyPass® logos, and unlimited rebates of other bank’s ATM surcharges. You can also withdraw cash at one or more than 25,000 Howard Bank and MoneyPass® ATMs nationwide.
- Online and mobile banking: Your checking account comes with access to free online banking and mobile banking. We offer paperless statements (eStatements), free online bill pay, card controls, custom account alerts and mobile deposit**. Transfer money online between accounts, add your card to our Mobile Payment options (Apple Pay™, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay™) or send money to another person with Popmoney®.
- One-on-one service: We know you want to talk to a real person when you have questions. Our banking experts are here to help you resolve any issues or problems.
Ways to avoid the $20 monthly maintenance fee:
Keep a $10,000 average monthly balance in the account
Keep $15,000 in combined deposit accounts
Keep $25,000 in combined deposit accounts and personal credit accounts
To get started:
Need help switching to Howard?
We've consolidated everything down into four easy steps in our Howard Switch Kit (yes, it's a fillable PDF). As with everything, we will guide you through everything you need for better banking
*Up to $10 for checks and debit cards from another financial institution given at the time the checks/debit cards are presented. For Personal checking accounts, we will pay your $2 for each of your old debit cards and $2 for each pad of unused checks, up to $10.
**3rd party message/data rate may apply
Minimum opening deposit is only $50. Other fees such as non-sufficient funds, overdraft fees, etc. may apply. See fee schedule [PDF} for details.
Fees may reduce earnings